Kombu seaweed and bonito flakes based dashi stock (Ichiban-Dashi / First Dashi) gives you an appetite with fragrant and exquisite flavor. This Umami and aroma gives harmony to cabbage's sweetness and tofu's texture.
- 13 ounces (370g) Soft tofu
- 10 ounces (300g) Minced chicken
- 1/2 Green onion
- 1/2 Carrot
- 30 ounces (900ml) Dashi stock (Ichiban-Dashi / First Dashi)
- [Seasonings 1]
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Mirin (sweet rice seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon cooking Sake
- [Seasonings 2]
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cooking Sake
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Starch
- Wrap soft tofu with paper towel and put weight on above for 15 min to drain water.
- Boil cabbage with hot water till it gets soft.
- Chop green onion.
- Cut carrot into strips.
- Add soft tofu, minced chicken, green onion, carrot and [seasoning1] into a bowl and mix well.
- Add 1. into cabbage leaves and wrap them around, putting toothpick at the end to avoid unfolding.
- Put 2., Dashi stock (Ichiban-Dashi / First Dashi) and [seasoning2] in a pot and set on stove till it boils.
- Once it boils , put on lids and simmer for 20 min.