Gomoku Kombu seasoned rice
Traditional Japanese rice with different fillings. Bold Umami made of kombu seaweed and bonito flakes by simmering (Nidashi/simmering dashi) brings out the flavor.
- 7 ounces (200g) Chicken (thigh or breast)
- 1/2 (2.5oz) Burdock root
- 1/3 (1.7oz) Carrot
- 3 (1.4oz) Raw shiitake mushroom
- 2 (1.4oz) Deep fried bean curd
- 3 cups (15.8oz) Rice
- 2 3/5 cups (650ml) Dashi stock (Nidashi)
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cooking sake
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (sweet rice seasoning)
- Cut chicken into dices.
- Peel off skin of burdock root, and shave.
- Peel carrot and thinly slice.
- Cut the ferrule of raw shiitake mushroom and thinly slice.
- Cut Kombu seaweed that was used for dashi stock into thin strips.
- Pour hot water on deep fried bean curd to trim off grease. Slice them into half and make it into 1cm wide strips.
- Rinse off rice and put in drainer.
- Add rice, Dashi stock (Nidashi), [Seasonings], and ingredients with high heat with lid on.
- When water boiled, simmer with medium heat (about 10 min.) , then cook with low heat until all the water is gone (about 5 min.).
* Time may differ with the stove. Please adjust acoordingly.
- Mix rice and ingredients well.