Chinese egg drop kombu soup
Thick soup with Kombu seaweed and bonito flakes to enjoy fragrant Umami flavor. Sesame oil is used to give more flavor and this soup surely warm oneself.
- 2.8 ounces (80g) Chicken breast
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 Carrot
- 0.3 ounce (8g) Kombu Kelp
- 1 tablespoon Mix starch
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 27 ounces (800ml) Dashi stock (Ichiban-Dashi / First Dashi)
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cooking sake
- Pinch of Salt
- Cut chicken thigh, Kombu kelp and carrot into thin stirps
- Rehydrate dried mushroom and cut into strips
- Add prepared ingredients and [seasonings] into dashi stock and cook until it gets soft.
- When all the ingredients are soft, turn off the heat and add mix starch. stir with low heat.
- Add beaten egg and sesame oil.
- Serve on a soup bowl.